Monday, December 13, 2010

Disappointing book

I learned all I know ( which isn't much) about trading shares from reading books. I have read several, the one which struck a chord with me right from the start was How I Made $2,000,000 on the stock Market by Nicolas Darvas. I read this book cover to cover then read it again. It was a system which seemed to make sense. Since then I have read all the other Darvas books and they are now the bible in my house on trading.

So, imagine my excitement when I found on Amazon a new book, which was called How I Made Money Using the Darvas System by Steve Burns. The review promised to bring this system which was devised in the pre computer era, bang up to date and usable in the current day. Woopie I thought, some one else using the system, I wonder how much they have made and how the system has been revolutionised!

This book arrived over the weekend, so I tore the packaging off and settled down for my longed for read. An hour later, only 60 odd pages in the book, and oh what disappointment! Most of this guys money was made from his company giving him shares, and, he made only $3,500 on the Darvas system! His revolutionary way to find shares was to look on MSN money for 52 week highs.... maybe I'm not as dumb as my blonde hair suggests!

Honestly, if this was worth publishing a book then I'm J K Rowling!

On a far more exciting note, number one son is currently on a flight to the UK sitting a few seats from Amir Khan, returning to the UK after his world title defence in Vegas Saturday night. Now that is worth writing about!

No comments:

Post a Comment