Tuesday, December 7, 2010

No financial advisor

I was asked today why I am not using an advisor to invest on my behalf?

There is a couple of reasons why I'm not.

The first being I don't want to pay someone for the privilege of loosing my money and secondly I want to learn how to find stocks to trade myself.

After hearing so many horror stories from the last 2 or 3 years, I don't really think I could do much worse than some professionals. I know I don't have the training or experience of a broker, but I do have 20 odd years experience in juggling finances. In those 20 years, I haven't made such a hash of the family accounts as some bank managers have in running their organisations. It doesn't take a financial degree to know when to tighten belts and cut back. Nor does it take years of experience to recognise a good buy.

Therefore, if I make money on this little venture then good on me, but if I'm going to loose it, then at least I can have the pleasure in only having myself to blame!!

No comments:

Post a Comment